These past two months were intense. I’ve worked less on music and more at school and work. However, I’ve worked on an 11 song EP completely in Spanish. It’s going to be released on 12/14/2018 through Spotify and Apple Music.
Each of the tracks are in a spoken-word style. The topics are about love, heartbreak, and mental health. I’m thinking of translating them in English, while trying to keep the main idea. That’s a different challenge of its own, however.
I’ve been listening to rap from Spain. It’s great and the topics are diverse. This has been my inspiration lately. I’m thinking on writing more again in Spanish. Focusing on more Poesía.
School is almost over, and the winter break will be dedicated to the craft.
- Man’s Search For Meaning – by Viktor Frankl
- This book is changing how I see things in life. I’m about to finish part 1, but the descriptions get so intense at times that I have to stop reading at night because I know I’ll be awake, full of emotions.
- The Art of Taking Action: Lessons from Japanese Psychology – by Gregg Krech
- For those curios about Morita Therapy, this book is a great start. I’m almost done with the book, and it has solid advice, and I’m applying some of it already. It offers lots of perspective.
- Almanauta – by Nach
- Nach for me is one of the best rappers around. His lyrics tell stories, and this album has great collaborations. If you speak Spanish, highly recommended.
- Lofi hip hop beats – beats to study/relax/game to – by Chillhop Music
- This Spotify playlist has been my go to when I’m doing homework, writing, or research. I’m trying to emulate that style with my music. I’m working on it.
I’ll get to write more often during the break. Thank you for reading and for your comments. Also, this blog has reached its first 50 Followers! Thank you to all you who take the time to read, and to comment on the blog.
Lastly, I’ve added a Contact page, in case you would like to send me a message.